I have been drinking lemon water on a regular basis for 4 years now because I believe in the many benefits that lemon water provides for the body and I see a notable difference in the way I feel. It is also one of the first nutrition tips I give people that want to turn there health around because off its benefits and ease.” But what exactly does lemon water do for the body?” people ask. Here are 5 main reasons why when life gives you lemons, squeeze them and drink it with water twice daily.
1. Digestion- A big glass of lemon water is a great way to start your day. It encourages the liver to produce more bile which aids in digestion so having a second glass right before dinner will help things moves along internally and prevent heartburn and constipation. Lemon water acts as a blood purifier and as a cleansing agent by “flushing” the system of toxins. It is also thought to dissolve gallstones and keep the urinary tract healthy.
2. Radiant Skin- Due to its high level of vitamin C, lemon juice is a natural antiseptic medicine and anti-aging fruit that rejuvenates skin from the inside out and enhances the skins glow and purity. Daily consumption of lemon water can make a dramatic difference in the appearance of your skin. Apply it directly to scars to reduce appearance.
3. Boosts Immune System- Bacteria and viruses that cause cold and flu symptoms thrive in an acidic environment in the body due to unhealthy foods, excess stress and lifestyle, therefore, lemons strengthen the immune system and helps to fight colds by its high vitamin C level.
4. Balances pH- Although lemons are high in citric acid, once metabolized in the body, lemon juice alkalizes the body and balances the body’s pH which also helps fight colds and flu.
5. Freshens breath- Lemon juice can also relieve tooth pain and gingivitis. Be careful, the citric acid can erode tooth enamel so make sure you rinse your mouth out ofter drinking.
Have you drank your lemon water today?